Attn: Human Resources
5123 Old Plank Road
Onondaga, MI 49264
Highfields, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*If you are having trouble viewing the application, you may need to download a PDF reader, available here.
- Families Together Building Solutions (FTBS) Direct Services Worker, Full-time
- Home-Based Clinician, Full-Time, 2 openings
- Food Service Specialist, Part-Time
- Residential Counselor II, Full-Time
- Breakthrough Facilitator, Intermittent
FTBS Direct Services Worker
Immediate full-time opening for a Families Together Building Soultions (FTBS) Direct Services Worker in the Branch/Clare/Isabella area – Highfields, Inc. is a nationally accredited non-profit organization seeking a full-time FTBS Direct Services Worker to provide solution-focused home-based counseling services to children and families.
Exceptional comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision insurance, life, dependent life policies, EAP program, 401K Plan including generous company contribution, on and off site training and generous paid time off package including additional numerous holidays.
- Bachelor's degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology, or other appropriate Human Services discipline
- Experience providing counseling services with children and families
- Mental Health Licensure with the State of Michigan
- The candidate shall be a person of good character who possesses the health, emotional stability, maturity, and strength to carry out assigned duties
- Ability to engage with children and families; develop and implement effective interventions with children and families and provide services with model adherence
- Ability to meet expectations of case documentation requirements
- Ability and experience to work at an in-home setting
- Must attend training specific for FTBS treatment
- Valid Michigan driver's license and acceptable driving record according to Highfields' requirements
- Must pass pre-employment screenings
Two immediate full-time openings for a Home-Based Clinician in the Jackson and/or Hillsdale location; one opening is for a Home-Based 0-3 Clinician – This position provides therapeutic specialization in children anywhere from 0-17 years of age and their family by providing advanced knowledge in assessment, problem identification, diagnosis and intervention strategies. Ability to relate and work constructively with vulnerable children and adults. Provide a range of clinical interventions for these families. Provide case coordination, crisis response and therapeutic intervention in a home and community based program serving Hillsdale/Jackson counties. One opening has potential for Lenawee families also.
Interested individuals must have a master's degree in Social Work, counseling, psychology or other appropriate human services discipline with a minimum of two (2) years progressive experience in providing services to families, infant, child and adolescents. Clinical licensure with the State of Michigan commensurate with education and experience. Ability to work at an in-home setting and travel/work in an office and community settings. Michigan driver's license with acceptable driving record based on Highfields policy. Must pass pre-employment screening. Exceptional comprehensive benefit package and generous paid leave time.
Food Service Specialist
Immediate opening for a part-time Food Service Specialist to assist the Food Service Supervisor to prepare and serve balanced meals and snacks in accordance with food nutrition regulations.Interested individuals must be able to plan, prepare and serve nutritional meals for large groups of people in a timely manner. Assist in maintaining state as well as agency health and sanitization standards in all food service areas. Assist in organizing, operating and maintaining an institutional type kitchen. Carry out adequate menu planning based upon accepted principles of diet and nutrition. Assist in dealing effectively and appropriately with sales representatives and food vendors. Mentor assigned students or staff in food services or kitchen maintenance experiences. Demonstrate good health by annual physicals and routine TB tests. knowledge of computer system. Shall be person of good character who possesses the health, emotional stability, maturity and strength to carry out assigned duties. Show sensitivity to the service populations' cultural and socioeconomic characteristics. Must pass pre-employment screenings.
Residential Counselor II
Immediate opening for a full-time Residential Counselor – The Residential Counselor supports the daily care and treatment of youth through assessment, goal setting, lesson planning, and planned and unplanned interventions. Coordinates and leads activities to support the treatment plans of individual youth.
- Teaches and nurtures youth through providing direct interaction
- Develops positive relationships with youth
- Helps youth develop and meet realistic short and long term goals
- Demonstrates an ability to relate to youth and utilizes appropriate counseling strategies
- Works to apply the agency's various treatment and campus operations policies, its philosophy of discipline, its information systems and programs into a generalized approach to deal with the unique circumstances of each youth
- Works to establish a relationship with youth's family, or guardian, maintains personal contact and communication on an on-going basis to improve youth/family/guardian relationship
- Participates in team meetings to get a clear view of team objectives. Supports and follows through on team goals, objectives, and decisions.
Knowledge or Experience:
- High school diploma and 2 years working with youth
- Bachelor's or Associate's degree with 6 months working with youth
Immediate opening for an intermittent Breakthrough Facilitator – The Breakthrough Facilitator facilitates diverse groups of all ages and situations. Breakthrough is an experiential education program designed to help groups big and small achieve their communication, leadership and teamwork goals. Learn more at: www.highfields.org/breakthrough
- Experience facilitating groups on low initiatives, climbing towers
- Experience in the technical aspects of course maintenance
- CPR/First Aid certified
- Customer and quality focus
- Shall be a person of good character who possesses the health, emotional stability, maturity and strength to carry out assigned duties
- Ability to show sensitivity to the service populations' cultural and socioeconomic characteristics
- Facilitates assigned groups
- Supports the planning, developing and evaluating of the breakthrough experience
- Assists in training new breakthrough facilitators as assigned
- Assists in site and environmental safety of the course
- Perform other duties as assigned